The 2 Spirits program aims to improve the sexual health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander gay men and sistergirls through a 'Whole of Community Approach' to education, prevention, health promotion and community development activities.
Following community consultation, the program now works with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living with HIV, gay men and sistergirls their partners, families and friends to explore and develop appropriate ways of addressing sexual health issues.
What can QuAC 2 Spirits program do for me?
QuAC provides the following services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals:
- Printed resources and campaigns – in communities, services, via mail order or on
- Peer education workshops and information forums for gay men, sistergirls and people living with HIV
- Social support groups in Cairns (Yupla Mipla Ahfla) and Brisbane (gar ban djee lum)
- Information, practical support and referrals for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People living with HIV
- Outreach to community events and services
- Supplies of condoms and lubricant
The focus of 2 Spirits' current funding is on gay men/sistergirls, however we recognise our sisters and brothers as key supportive stakeholders.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander lesbians and brotherboys are also disadvantaged in our LGBTI, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and mainstream community. This is of concern to QuAC and we are looking to broaden the program to become inclusive of these community members.
What areas of the state do you cover?
Our headquarters are in Brisbane and Cairns, but we work state wide.
Contact your nearest office:
Phone: 3017 1777 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 4041 5451 Email: email@example.com